19 November 2012

Heaven in Mallorca



There are certain things in life, experiences we'll say, that never will be forgotten - it could be the birth of your first child, marrying the love of your life, or whatever it is that makes your world spin just that little bit faster. I have discovered that the same thing applies for when you travel. Of course, every moment over here is surreal, from waking up knowing there's a new city to explore, finding new amazing historical things to see, and hey, even not having worked for 3.5 months now. BUT..there are those extra special moments, those 'pinch me' / goosebump / call it whatever you will moments that go right up in the special experiences of life. I have had a few, but a huge one happened to Morgs & I the other night in Mallorca. It was extra special as it caught us so off guard and it's one of our favourite things to see normally. 

What was it?? 

A sunset. 

This was no ordinary sunset though. No. This was the most amazing, spectacular, extraordinary  beautifulll sunset I've ever seen in my life. 

It had been an incredibly stormy day and Morgs & I were defiant to not sit around in the hotel so had hired a car to get around Mallorca and explore some of the coast & mountains on offer on the North side of the island. We drove wherever roads took us and stopped whenever we felt like it. Getting back to the hotel early evening, the storm had cleared & we felt compelled to take a walk in the cold before dinner and that's when the magic occurred  Making our way along the coastline we had the pinkest of pink and redest of red clouds all around us and bursts of sunshine peeking out from the ominous clouds still threatening to give way to rain at any moment. We sat and took in what was almost too surreal to witness. 

It was a moment I'll remember forever and was so grateful I got to witness. 

I felt like it was Mother Natures way of reminding us that of all our adventures we seek & pay for on the holiday, the best things in life really are free - & for me, that was seeing the sunset of my life with my soulmate by my side. 

Do you have a favourite travel story? Have you had any moments that you'll never forget that happened when you least expected it? I'd love to hear them!

Love & Light,

Anna x

p.s I'm sorry the blog was so quiet last week! Our apartment in San Sebastian didn't have any wifi but this week you'll hear all about the end of our adventures in Spain - from Madrid to San Seb. 




4 comments:

  1. Sunset what a gorgeous moment of every day and it must have been even more beautiful on Mallorca. ;) I have more favorite moments from when me and my bf traveled together. We kissed on the Eiffel tower, bought some masks near the Rialto bridge in Venice and watched fireworks in Cannes and I hope many more such moments will come. I´m looking forward to hearing all about your Spain adventures :)
    xx Eve.h

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Eve you are soo good to have bought a mask in Venice!! I so wanted to but knew it would get ruined in my backpack before I got home. I love all your own travel stories. A good friend said to me before I left "travel is the only thing you can buy that makes you richer" & it's so true when you hear travel stories like yours :) thank you as always for stopping by xo

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks pretty lady!! Photos don't ever do the real life thing justice but we are findin more than ever that they're amazing at capturing the memory of the moment - see you soon! X x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...