Have you ever had those moments where everything in your day goes wrong or nothing you put on seems to fit right? I think we all have. Regularly. What helps me get through that is knowing I'm not the only one going through something so frustrating or shit so when I found this article I knew I had to share it myself. It's 10 Rules for being human and I couldn't agree with each of them more. So relax, you're going to have bad days, and learn lot's of lessons but it's all part of that crazy wonderful thing called life.
10 Rules for being Human
- You will receive a body. You may like it or hate it, but it's yours to keep for the entire period.
- You will learn lessons. You are enrolled in a full-time informal school called "life".
- There are no mistakes, only lessons. Growth is a process of trial, error, and experimentation. The "failed" are as much a part of the process as the experiments that ultimately "work".
- Lessons are repeated until they are learned. A lesson will be presented to you in varios forms until you have learned it. When you have learned it, you can go on to the next lesson.
- Learning lessons does not end. There's no part of life that doesn't contain it's lessons. If you're alive, that means there are still lessons to be learned.
- There is no better place than "here". When you're "there" has become a "here", you will simply obtain another "there" that will again look better than "here".
- People are merely mirrors of you. You cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects to you something you love or hate about yourself
- What you make of your life is up to you. You have all the tools and resources you need. What you do with them is up to you. The choice is yours.
- Your answers lie within you. The answers to life's questions lie within you. All you need to do is look, listen and trust.
- You will forget all of this.