One thing I always admire on so many girls blogs is their incredible photos. Whether it’s lazy weekends spent around the house, gorgeous new outfits or delicious food that you girls are sharing, the photos always tell a story and they all look so professional. I have learnt two things from this. 1. You’re all talented human beings. 2. I really need to start paying more attention when I’m snapping away.
I think taking less photos but better quality ones is the way to go and so wanting to not just complain I’m a terrible photographer I thought I should start to learn. Mr M had actually suggested taking a beginners photography course before we go to Europe next year to capture our trip well but I think self taught can be much more fun. For those who are in my boat I wanted to share with you some of the best tips I’ve learnt so far. They’re simple and achievable so here goes.
1. Read the camera’s manual and learn what each control, switch, button and menu item does (really I think this alone will set you on the right path to photography domination).
2. Set the camera’s resolution to take high quality photos at the highest resolution possible.
3. Take your camera everywhere. You just never know.
4. Compose your shot thoughtfully.
5. Try an interesting angle.
6. Get down on the subjects level.
7. Sometimes it’s better to use a plain background
8. Use flash outdoors
9. Move in close (don’t be afraid to fill the frame)
10. Move the subject from the middle (sometimes having something off to the left or right can add to the photo).
And here are some photos that I am loving right now - photography really can capture memories and moments forever and THAT is what I love so much about it.